Latest News

Friday, October 9, 2009

TJAWANG RADIO


Every time I see and hear Konidin advertising on television, I'll always remember Tjawang radio. It is the sound of the narrator that made me remember the radio which frequently heard noisy and must be filled with four batteries to catch the broadcast.
Tjawang transistor radio was a radio being produced by the company of Thayeb Gobel in 1954. This legendary radio - the president Sukarno once asked Thayeb Gobel, "why do you choose a transistor radio business? 'He said," so that you can make up a speech to the people in the villages, in far places, remote foothills, on far islands although these places had no electricity, sir. "- becomes memories of the past and embedded in my brain.

Some of my neighbors had Tjawang radio. Call him Kang Udin (deceased). He is a loyal listener of Saur Sepuh radio drama. He and I sometimes sat on the porch listening to the radio play and talked to each other when the ad played. Sometimes Kang Udin bought greeting cards in RKPD, and we will be faithful waiting for the card was read by a radio announcer at the music program in the afternoon. Radio Tjawang which the battery must often be dried under the sun to keep her voice firm - about hanging out battery, it looks like Mahar does on Laskar Pelangi - was my and Kang Udin�s loyal friend when television was still very rarely owned.
Then there mbah Bokari. My other neighbor who had a Tjawang radio. Mbah Bokari was very happy with the leather puppet show on the radio all night long. I was on elementary school at the time, often sleeping in his house because I wanted to listen to the puppet play with him. In the afternoon, mbah Bokari used to tell me about the play - shadow puppet plays in which he had seen and heard on the radio. The story made me interested to listen to the broadcast of all night long shadow puppets on the radio. But yes it was, the story which I did not understand that makes me fall asleep and never fully listened to.
Kang Udin and Mbah Bokari�s Tjawang radios were a part of my beautiful childhood memory. Radio Tjawang that played either a pop song or a puppet show or klenengan had been straight recorded in my memory. And when the narrator of Konidin ads played on television - the ad narrator's voice, in my opinion, like a radio announcer in my childhood and voices that appear similar to the sound of a Tjawang transistor radio - Tjawang radio comes back on my memory.

My childhood was not an easy time as now. At that time we had always imagined the 2000 year that was said would be very modern. At that time we had always said that later in the 2000 year, the radio would be far more sophisticated and more pleasant than Tjawang radio.

However, it is now, I miss the Tjawang radio which is very hard to find.

Moral: enjoy and be happy with our current situation. Under any circumstances. Because it could be a time we will miss in the future.

Untuk membaca terjemahan bahasa Indonesianya, silahkan klik: Radio Transistor Tjawang

Image Source: kedaibarangantik.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags

Recent Post