Latest News

Sunday, August 17, 2008

DON�T JUDGE BOOK FROM ITS COVER


Eko Setyono was my student in an Islamic High School. He was known as a badly behaved student. He often opposed his teachers and he often said words that hurt. When it was the time for me to teach him, I had prepared myself to face this boy.
But I am always sure that even a criminal must have a little goodness. Just like a seed that is planted to grow, goodness will also grow and remove the badness inside. I thought Eko just needed an opportunity to change him.
The first day, I was also annoyed with him. Just like other teachers. But I tried my best. I never asked him to change his bad behavior. I let him thought what he did.
And I saw a miracle. Little by little he changed. When he was still a trouble for other teachers, he was kind to me. He didn�t make any nuisance anymore.
After he ended the school, he went to Sumatra for a job. When I asked him why he left Dwi, his girlfriend, he said that his leaving for Sumatra is a proof of his love to Dwi. I was really touched.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags

Recent Post